Unlicensed Mobile Access and Beyond: Mobile Operators Benefit from Wi-Fi and Cellular Convergence
Report Content Overview
UMA and Beyond: Mobile Operators Benefit from Wi-Fi and Cellular Convergence provides a comprehensive assessment of the UMA (Unlicensed Mobile Access) technology and Wi-Fi and cellular convergence. This report presents a clear, concise overview of the technology, and explores the market drivers that will lead to adoption. To help service providers and vendors size the opportunity, it includes a forecast of the market demand and revenue opportunity for UMA services.
This report offers a timely, in-depth analysis into one of the hottest emerging areas in the cellular and Wi-Fi industry. It is essential reading for those evaluating UMA and those who want to stay at the forefront of technological innovation in mobile telecommunications.
· UMA technology overview
· Standardization efforts
· Drivers to adoption in different geographic markets, with forecasts of user demand
· Services for the residential and enterprise market
· The opportunity for mobile operators
· The competitive threat to fixed operators and VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) service providers
· The role of handset manufacturers
Extensive forecasts (2006-2010)
· Worldwide demand for Wi-Fi and Cellular Convergence services
· Impact of Wi-Fi and Cellular Convergence on subscriber usage of fixed and cellular lines (including analysis of effect on MoU from home and away from home, on metered and unmetered calls)
· Revenues from Wi-Fi and Cellular Convergence services, including revenues gained by mobile operators (taking into account the effect of cannibalization), and revenues lost by fixed operators
All your key questions answered
· When will UMA handsets will be available and how much will they cost?
· What is the timeline for deployment?
· Will subscribers pay for UMA services? How much is UMA worth to them?
· What is the effect of broadband and Wi-Fi penetration on UMA demand?
· Will users be able to use UMA phones in hotspots? Is this a key adoption driver?
· What is UMA and how it relates to other ongoing standardization efforts, such as 3GPP (The Third Generation Partnership Project) and IEEE 802.21?
· How can UMA guarantee quality of service (QoS)?
· How (and when) will UMA move towards SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) and all-IP networks?
How this report will benefit you
Mobile operators understand the opportunity offered by Wi-Fi and cellular convergence and learn how to take full advantage of it
Fixed and VoIP service providers evaluate the competitive threat posed by UMA and develop an alternative Wi-Fi convergence strategy
Vendors assess the demand, and establish a timeline, for Wi-Fi and cellular converged handsets and find more about the mobile operators requirements
Investors, consultants, regulators get a better understanding of the Wi-Fi cellular convergence ecosystem and a new perspective on the potential of the technology