WiMAX: Ready for Deployment?
Report Content Overview
This new report provides an analysis of the growth prospects for
the market built around WiMAX technology. It supplies readers with a detailed
view of the offers, both those which are already available, and those in the
trial or pre-launch stage, and, through an examination of existing regulatory
and competitive restrictions, maps out WiMAXs most likely growth
The report answers key questions about this emerging
- Which barriers will prevent effective WiMAX deployment?
- What will the consequences be due to delays in product
- What opportunities exist for equipment manufacturers and
electronic component suppliers?
- Will lower terminal prices lead to a veritable WiMAX boom?
- What are the risks for fixed and mobile operators who enter the
The report also provides a complete analysis of the WiMAX
- WiMAX technologies: WiMAX performances (indoor vs. outdoor, urban
zone vs. rural zone), comparison of standards (from 802.16-2001 to 802.16e,
range, bitrate, modulation, ... ), equipment and cost
- WiMAX's positioning compared to other technologies: Wi-Fi, 3G,
WiBro, cable, DSL, fibre, satellite, mobile telephony
- Regulatory landscape: overview, national regulation (Austria,
Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Japan, Norway, South Korea, Spain,
Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States)
- Player Profiles: world leaders' offering (positioning, target
), telecom operators' deployments and
- Business models: investment and maintenance costs (indoor,
, production costs in rural zones
- Prospects: uses and applications, deployment scenarios, and market
Call us at 972-818-8225 or e-mail:
| Description | Executive
Summary and Major Conclusions
| Table of Contents
| Author | Order |
© 2009 Alexander Resources.